Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

[SQLServer] Why SQL Server is better than any other RDBMS Applications? Part 2

I like SQL Server because of its SIMPLICITY. I learned SQL commands over Oracle (ah! it was too long that I used oracle and never touched it again after being FRIENDLY with SQL :) ).
I like following attributes of SQL Server hence I loved this one… and as I am trying to deep dive into technology I am being passionate lover… :)
1. First thing I liked is as said its SIMPLICITY.
2. Easy Availability– one don’t have to pay huge bucks to make SQL Available.. he can use Express edition available free.
3. Uncomplicated installation process – follows the same standard as of other MS Product like MS-Office etc… that no one need special knowledge of installation process to get ready to use SQL.
4. Can be install on Average system – like few other RDMS, SQL do not have special hardware requirement. so one can be benefited without having his/her system upgraded.
5. User friendly UI. again abide to MS standard for all other application so anyone feel friendly on first visit.
6. Easy navigation through common shortcuts and tool box. I don’t have to remember multiple keys to navigate.. what works in MS-Office / VS etc.. almost works in SQL as well.
7. BOL – help documentation is easily available and more friendly to browse to get the correct help.
8. Perfect match for all level of organizations… small firms to big enterprise to data store.
9. Perfect suite of application – good clubbing and packaging of Database engine, Agent Service, Notification Service, Reporting Service, Analysis Service, Integration Service.
10. Support for Multi- Instance and side by side installation of multiple versions.
11. Enhanced Security
12. Enhanced Optimizer
13. availability for various technologies to support high availability like Log Shipping, Replication, Clustering, Mirroring etc..
14. Easy to tune up, one can easily tune up the performance with help of wizards and additional tool like Profiler etc litle knowledge.
15. Advancement in the technology.. like SQL Azure, CLR integration, DAC, Intellisense (though I didnt like current intellisense but it helps often).
16. Broader community – I like the SQL community, in Fact I have sharpened my skill through this community.. where you can easily catch up with SQL MVP or MS SQL Team. I love dedication you guys shown up in communities. I believe that if someone is in crisis, this community will never let him get down with SQL.
17. non ANSI functions in SQL are similar to other programming languages hence feels comfortable and don’t have to dig more to find the right function that is equivalent in something like in .net.

SOURCE: COPIED FROM A CONTEST - 1 RUNNER UP POST

No comments: